- BONJEDWARD, a village, in the parish and district of Jedburgh, county of Roxburgh; containing 107 inhabitants. This was formerly one of the seats of the Douglas family, who had a stronghold in the village, which was demolished in the course of the last century. The village is pleasantly situated, and the lands are fertile, and in good cultivation; there are some cornmills here, and the inhabitants are chiefly employed in agriculture.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Jedburgh — JEDBURGH, a burgh, market town, and parish, in the district of Jedburgh, county of Roxburgh, of which it is the capital, 11 miles (S. W. by S.) from Kelso, and 49 (S. E. by S.) from Edinburgh; containing, with the villages of Bongate,… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland
Dere Street — Route of Dere Street in blue Route information Length: 226 mi (364 km) [146 mi (235 km) Eboracum to … Wikipedia
Minto, Scottish Borders — Minto is a village north of the River Teviot, in the Scottish Borders area of Scotland, (more or less the former Selkirkshire, Roxburghshire, Peebleshire and Berwickshire), and almost midway between the towns of Hawick and Jedburgh. Minto House… … Wikipedia
Monteviot House — is the early 18th century home of the Marquess of Lothian, the politician better known as Michael Ancram. It is located on the River Teviot near Jedburgh in the Scottish Borders area of Scotland. Nearby are Ancru … Wikipedia